Poll Results – Everything is Wrong with PS+

Last week I asked what in particular you found to be deficient about Sony’s PlayStation Plus offerings on the PS4. What resulted was an unprecedented five-way tie. Equally voted for were the fact that the games provided are all indie games; that they are all in niche genres; they already exist on other platforms, particularly…

Poll Results – PS +/-?

Last week I asked what you thought of Sony’s PlayStation Plus offerings for the PS4 so far. As a reminder these games are Resogun, Contrast, Don’t Starve, Outlast, Dead Nation, and Mercenary Kings. 60% of voters are not content with these games alone, while the remaining 40% are. This split can be due to a…

Releasing Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS First is a Mistake

Recently, Nintendo had another Nintendo Direct. This one was focused on their upcoming Super Smash Bros. game. They showed off some new modes, announced new characters, and finally gave us a release window, which, perplexingly, is different for the 3DS and Wii U versions. Troublingly, the Wii U version is set to release in winter…

Poll Results – Nintendo’s Virtual Waste

Last week I asked whether or not Nintendo was effectively using its Virtual Console. 40% of the voters answered with a hard no. The remaining 60% answered with a no, but that Nintendo would be improving in the future. This will be the topic of my article on Tuesday for Gamemoir, which is why I…

inFamous: Second Son – Confusing Good Characters With Good Plots

The inFamous series has a simple concept, one you’d think was a dime-a-dozen in the video game industry. Sucker Punch has created an open world game where you are the city’s superhero/villain. Surprisingly, this concept has not worn out its welcome with few¬†games such as Crackdown, Prototype, and the most recent Saint’s Row approximating the…